About Church of the Saviour
Who We Are
Church of the Saviour is a people who profess Jesus Christ as Lord. We seek to be the very presence of Jesus in our community and in the world. We are a people who recognize God's great grace in our lives and offer that grace to those around us. Come and experience the joy of life in Christ with us.
Church of the Saviour is part of a group of churches (denomination) called the Reformed Church in America (RCA). The RCA has congregations located throughout North America with mission work around the globe.
The name "Reformed" has two implications. The first is that we are a Protestant church, having come out of the protestant reformation. The second implication is that we are, "Reformed and reforming according to God's Word."
More information on the RCA is available at www.rca.org.
What we Believe
- We believe in one, true, holy God who has been revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God is the Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer of life.
- God created us to be in relationship with himself and with one another.
- Humanity chose to live independently from God.
- God, throughout history, has continually sought to bring us back into a right relationship with Himself.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, that he led a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried.
- Jesus was raised from the dead.
- We are put in right relationship by God's love through Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit makes all of humanity aware of God's presence.
- The Holy Spirit delivers God's free gift of grace and lives in us.
- Through the Holy Spirit we can understand God's Word and desire for our lives.
- The Holy Spirit is at work in us to make us more Christ-like.
- The Holy Spirit gives us gifts, prepares us and provides us with what we need to be a part of God's work in the world.
- We believe that the Bible is God's inspired word.
- God continues to use the Bible to direct our lives.
The original structure was completed in 1970. With rapid growth, an additional space was added later in the decade. The entire facility is on one level and easy for people of all ages and abilities to move through.
The Sanctuary features moveable seating, offering different seating structures for worship. Another prominent aspect of the Sanctuary is the Communion table. Communion is celebrated monthly and takes place around the table. Each seating can hold about 36 people.
The remainder of the facility houses the offices for the secretary, pastor and Coopersville Cares director. There are several rooms for meetings and education. The center of the southern portion of the facility is a multi-purpose space.
Follow this link to view the literature from the service dedicating the worship space, which took place in 1970. Here you will find an explanation of the symbols and the architecture of the facility.
Location and Map
Church of the Saviour is located in Coopersville, Michigan, about halfway between Muskegon and Grand Rapids.
To get to the church, take I-96 to Exit 16 and turn right onto 68th Avenue.
Drive past the fast food restaurants to the roundabout at the corner of 68th and Randall.
Continue around and straight through the intersection and the church will be a short distance away (less than a quarter mile) on your right.
View Larger Map